Monday, August 25, 2008

Bouchercon Panel

Just got my Bouchercon panel assignment, and it's terrific. Many of you know that I love mysteries set in other places. As Emily Dickinson wrote, "There is no frigate like a book/ To take us lands away." My panel aptly titled Been Around the World: Travel the globe with Janet and friends will do just that on Saturday October 11, 2008 at the World Mystery Convention in Baltimore, MD.

My panelists include Charles Benoit (India, Thailand, Egypt), Jason Goodwin (Turkey), Arnaldur Indridason (Iceland) and Michael Stanley (Africa). I can't think of a better group of mystery authors. Not only will we travel the globe together, but we'll also go back in history for some of the discussion.

So join me, as we travel the globe on October 11 in Baltimore. O.K. here's the bad news. This panel will start at 8:30 a.m., EDT. That's 5:30 am. PDT for me! If you're coming to Bouchercon, hope you'll join us. If not, I'm bound to write about it. Any questions you'd like me to ask this distinguished list of authors, let me know.

5 comments:

vallerose said...

Wow, your panel sounds terrific. I have met Charles Benoit and Jason Goodwin and aside from being very nice guys and good speakers, write terrific books. Have not had the pleasure of meeting Arnuldur but as I spent two years in Iceland, I love reading his books and his take on the Reykjavik of today.
Vallery Feldman

Toby said...

Enjoyed the look of the Blog as well as the content. Great details on the Bouchercon panel. It certainly will be one I will attend despite the horrible early hour!

Toby said...

I like the look of the Blog as well as the content. Good information on the Bouchercon panel-I will be sure to attend even at that early hour!

Charles Benoit said...

The way I see it, I lucked out big time. I've great great fellow panelists and a moderator that will keep it all interesting. And the Saturday morning slot's pretty good too. If I wasn't already on the panel, I'd make this my #1 pick for the convention. But then, I may be biased.
See you at the show!

Unknown said...

I'll second that - and I'm hugely looking forward to the whole event. Coming from England, maybe I'll stick to GMT so that the morning gig'll feel like lunchtime.
Martinis on me...