Monday, October 6, 2008

Tana French's top 10 maverick mysteries

Check out the Guardian (UK) for Tana French's top 10 maverick mysteries. French's Top Ten: The Secret History by Donna Tartt. The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey. The Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe. Innocent Blood by P.D. James. Mystic River by Dennis Lehane. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith. Hurting Distance by Sophie Hannah.The Franchise Affair by Josephine Tey. A Field of Darkness by Cornelia Read.

I haven't read Hurting Distance, so I'll put that on my TBR list. I really admire Tana French as an author who breaks the mold. Don't miss The Likeness.

1 comment:

vallerose said...

This is an intriguing list. Haven't read the Hurting distance but all the rest except for A Field of Darkness definitely belongs. The Read book is well written but I wouldn't put it in a maverick category. Right now I would put any book by Arnuldur Indrithason the Icelandic writer. His books are wonderfully atmospheric and he writes about a country not to many people are familiar with.
Vallery