Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Mysteries 2009


Thanksgiving. I have a lot to give thanks for: my family, my friends, my health, and the wonderful mystery community. I'm having Thanksgiving at my home this year, and I must report that my family is as dysfunctional as most in the U.S., but we haven't stooped to murder! That can't be said for the families in the following list of Thanksgiving mysteries.

And, if you're cooking the turkey or baking the pies, be sure to check out Mystery Lovers' Kitchen for Thanksgiving recipes and cooking techniques from Mystery Writing Cooks Avery Aames, Julie Hyzy, Jenn McKinlay, Riley Adams, Cleo Coyle, & Krista Davis.

Thanksgiving Mysteries

Bob Berger The Risk of Fortune
William Bernhardt Natural Suspect
Kate Borden Death of a Turkey
Carole Bugge Who Killed Mona Lisa?
Sammi Carter Goody Goody Gunshots
Christine E. Collier A Holiday Sampler
Bill Crider w/Willard Scott Murder under Blue Skies
Barbara D'Amato Hard Tack
Mary Daheim Alpine Fury and Fowl Prey
Jeanne Dams Sins Out of School
Claire Daniels Final Intuition
Krista Davis The Diva Runs Out of Thyme
Michael Dibdin Thanksgiving
Joanne Dobson Raven and the Nightingale
Duncan, Christine Safe House
Janet Evanovich Thanksgiving (technically a romance)*
Jessica Fletcher & Donald Bain A Fatal Feast (Murder She Wrote)
Katherine V. Forrest The Beverly Malibu
Noreen Gilpatrick The Piano Man
Martin H. Greenberg (editor) Cat Crimes for the Holidays
Jane Haddam Feast of Murder
Lee Harris The Thanksgiving Day Murder
Robin Hathaway The Doctor Makes a Dollhouse Call
Richard Hawke Speak of the Devil
Ellen Elizabeth Hunter Murder on the ICW
J. A. Jance Shoot Don't Shoot
Faye Kellerman Serpent's Tooth
Harry Kemelman That Day the Rabbi Left Town
Clyde Linsley Death of a Mill Girl
Georgette Livingston Telltale Turkey Caper
Margaret Maron Up Jumps the Devil
Evan Marshall Stabbing Stefanie
Ralph McInerny Celt and Pepper
Leslie Meier Turkey Day Murder
Deborah Morgan The Marriage Casket
Louise Penny Still Life
Cathy Pickens Southern Fried
Ann Ripley Harvest of Murder
Willard Scott w/Bill Crider Murder under Blue Skies
Sarah R. Shaber Snipe Hunt
Denise Swanson Murder of a Barbie and Ken, Murder of a Botoxed Blonde
Marcia Talley Occasion of Revenge
Angela Zeman The Witch and the Borscht Pearl

Let me know if I've forgotten any.

5 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

I never knew there were so many Thanksgiving-related mysteries. Thanks.

Janet Rudolph said...

I'm sure I've left off a few.

Auntie Knickers said...

Amazing, and I think I've only read 4 of them (Dobson, Maron, Kemelman, Haddam). I'll have to keep this list for next Thanksgiving.

Christine Duncan said...

Hi Janet,
My mystery, Safe House, is set at Thanksgiving.
Christine

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks, Christine, I've add it. Look forward to reading Safe House.